Tuesday, June 1

We're All Anti-Semites Now...

I think like a majority of those of you who read this blog, I was shocked about the Israeli raid on a Turkish humanitarian mission to deliver aid to Gaza. For those of you stuck in a bubble hugging a tree Travolta style, Israel military personnel boarded a Turkish ship in the Mediterranean Sea, in international waters, in the middle of the night using nothing more than (allegedly) paintball guns.

I know what you're thinking right now: "Shut the fuck up, Motherfucker!"

How could this happen? That's an honest to God question. I would really like to know how Israel could be so hamfisted in its execution of thwarting a "terrorist plot". Let's just assume, for the sake of argument, that Israeli intelligence was 100% correct in their information that thousands of very bad brown people were ready to funnel unlimited amounts of pop-rocks and coca-cola into Gaza to induce untold mayhem on its unsuspecting citizens. The execution of this raid, even in the face of unquestionable evidence, was so amateurish that it made a panty raid on the Omega Mu's look like fucking D-Day.

Was I surprised a month or so ago when North Korea allegedly sunk a South Korean naval vessel? Not really, in fact it's about what I would expect from a foreign leader who recently suffered a stroke and has a penis the size of a cashew and who's only diplomacy experience is brinksmanship. Not really someone who is mature enough to date your daughter.

But Israel is a very serious, necessary, precious, mature, adult ally of the U.S. So I was pretty surprised when the raid was announced, and I was shocked at the lawlessness of the act. Just between you and me, I wouldn't let Israel date my daughter either...not so mature.

Just to refresh your memory, Turkey is a NATO ally. Israel is not. Let's go back, I don't know...20 years. What would've happened if a non-NATO member attacked a NATO ship. I'll tell you. WWIII.

Israel has been systematically dismantling its creditability in the international community for the past (generously) ten years. It's disappointing to find out that the U.S. supports state sponsored terror. Because that's what this is: state sponsored terror, by Israel. But the official U.S. response is muted because we don't want to look "weak" in support of Israel. We're even willing to throw a cold-war ally under the bus to not look "weak" in our response to an Israeli clown act.

The world is outraged. I'm outraged. Even Krusty is outraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment